Monday, June 8, 2009

Current Project








So now that I am getting familiar with my job position, the company is starting to give me more responsibilities.  The project that I am currently working on is planning an on campus event.  Steve LeVine Entertainment would like to plan events throughout the first week of school on campuses such as ASU, Scottsdale Community, and Paradise Valley Community colleges.  For this event they would like me to book local DJ's, talk to sponsors, as well as create a schedule for the week

When I began to work on this project I wasn't sure where to start.  I began calling all of the schools in order to fill out forms and get approval.  This was not an easy task.  After going back and forth with the different campus coordinators as well as filing for insurance for each event I was able to lock down the dates that I wanted.  After this I had to contact different companies in order to get sponsorships.  Some of these companies included; Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamondbacks, Sandbar, AXIS/ Radius, Myst, W Hotel, ad various other companies that my boss has connections with.  I am currently still waiting on responses as well as confirmation on dates and locations for each event.  I am also working with our talent coordinator in order to book entertainment for each event.  So far I am really excited about receiving a project all to myself.  I hope that all of the companies and schools keep in contact with me and in the end the event will run smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with securing your event dates and sponsors!

    ReplyDelete