Monday, June 1, 2009

Company Picnic

Last week the office put me in charge of planning the annual Steve LeVine Entertainment company picnic.  This is an event that the company does every year and from what I heard around the office, it has never been incredibly amazing.
As I began to brainstorm I had to keep in mind the hot weather and what locations would allow us to stay in the shade as well as have food and beverage on site.  I looked into various parks until I found one that seemed to have it all.  I chose the Indian Bend park in Scottsdale which included; bocci ball, tennis, shuffle board, basketball, baseball, horseshoes and many other activities.  Through planning I had to rent a ramada as well as get food and music permits.  I also created an Evite (online invitation) to make sure that all of the employees we invited.
As the day of the event came I had to make a trip to Costco and the grocery store to not only get food and drinks, but make sure that we had all of the necessary utensils.  As it came close to 12:00 people started arriving, and I could already tell they were impressed.  People immediately started digging into the food and participating in all of the activities.
Looking back I would say that this was a very successful event.  If I were to change anything I would switch the event to a date earlier in the year.  This would prevent people from getting too hot in the Arizona summer.  I would love to plan more events like this, that are more for enjoyment than for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment