Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4th of July


4th of July at my office is complete chaos although it is also a learning experience.  We are planning an Independence day party at the W Hotel lasting four days.  For this event we had to start about a month ago applying for firework permits.  The idea for this is to have the largest rooftop firework show in the valley.  After we got the permit the office staff had to start brainstorming entertainment for the weekend.  We came up with some great DJ’s and live entertainment and then my boss put in offers to get them here.

            Next I was in charge of coming up with ideas to make our 4th of July party better than every other one in the valley.  We decided that we would create gift baskets/ survival bags for every room that booked all three nights at the hotel.  I brainstormed ideas such as; Evian mister bottles, sunscreen, Chap Stick, tank tops, and W printed pool bags.  I got the go ahead from the boss and we began to order the supplies and create the bags.  Now that we are only a couple days away the countdown has started, and finalizing rooms and flights is becoming more stressful.  It seems like everyday we are rebooking rooms and changing names on reservations.  We are also booking new décor such as exotic birds and tiki torches.

            I think that in the end this event is going to be a great success and be above and beyond all other events in the valley.  I have learned to be very open to change through this whole experience.  I have also learned to make sure everything that I do is documented and completed in order to make everyone’s work fit together.  I am very excited for the weekend to start Thursday night and I am really hoping we can all enjoy the event instead of being stressed all weekend. 

*If you are interested call my office 480-284-6033 and I can get you special discount rates for the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment